Sunday, February 05, 2006

Medieval Torture Device?

Kinda looks like it, huh?
Just attach the clamps to somebody's fingernails and you're well on your way! Actually, this is my soldering station. The little clamps hold things together why I apply heat to them. The funky black thing is actually a block of charcoal - it absorbs all the oxygen from the air right around the piece so you don't get as much nasty black stuff called oxidation on your piece.
Learn something new everyday, don't you?
Hope you all had a great weekend.
And, yes, Mom, I'll post some baby pictures for you.

1 comment:

Beyond the Bead said...

Greetings Toby!
I'm a fellow "Oregonian", "Bead Adict"...jewelry designer...etc.
I just found you on-line today and love that you are doing a blog. Great work! I'm just starting on some metalsmithing classes myself and would love to chat with you.
I think I even have some of your husband's beads in my vast array of lampwork items!
Hope to continue...
Michelle