Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ahhh, Sundays

I'm not really in a silversmithing mood tonight. The solder gods are not smiling on me tonight, so I think I'll post a Devera photo instead.

We're reading Sector 7 by David Wiesner. If you haven't seen his books before, they're awesome. Tuesday is my favorite. Why we don't own that one is beyond me. His books are really fun because they don't have words but really rich pictures, so you can just tell the story as you go along. Devera will even open up the pages and point to things and babble along.

Yesterday was Devera's first trip to the library. You should have seen her eyes light up when we got the children's section. Not because there were so many books to read, but they were on shelves that looked like were all in the wrong order. And only Devera new the correct order they should be in. So she spent a good 30 minutes grabbing a book from the H's and toddling it over to the A's. It was a great game of memory for me...10 seconds to remember what shelf she grabbed the book from and where the hell she put it so I could put it back when she wasn't looking. Ahh, such fun. Hey, she was having a good time though. And we found some good books while we were at it.

No comments: