Monday, March 20, 2006

Another mediaval torture device?

No, just the coolest tool you could possibly own if you get into this stuff. This is a super cool clamp that attaches to my bench. You can see it's holding a component of the bracelet that I just finished. (I have to post some photos - it turned out awesome!!!) Anyway, it holds things steady while I file them or sand them or various and sundry other things I do to my pieces. It's got a little arm rest -which is completely worthless to me since it's on the right hand side. I wonder if they make a left handed one? The beyond coolest thing is that it comes off my bench completely and I can swap out for another tool - like the little wooden bench block you can kind of see in the background. It's like those little transformer toys for your workbench. It's a bug, no it's a robot, no it's a dinosaur. Whatever it is, it's beyond cool.

No comments: